The barrier to effective advocate marketing mentioned by survey participants was a lack of customer availability or interest (see Figure 3). However, best practices from IDC’s interviews with active advocate marketing practitioners revealed that this barrier can be overcome with proper advocate identification and appreciation for the demands on their time. IDC recommends targeting processes be implemented initially to identify those customers that are most likely to advocate.
Search by Category
- Customer Advocacy: Friends and Family Recommendation
- Customer Marketing: Losing to a Competitor
- Customer Marketing: Lost Revenue in 2017
- Customer Success: Why do Customers Leave?
- Purchase Behavior: Selling an Existing Customer vs New Prospect
- Customer Advocacy: Results of Increasing Customer Retention
- Customer Success: 3 Things to Know About Customer Success Marketing
- Customer Marketing: What Makes Top Marketers Tick
- Customer Marketing: Shifting Priorities Spark Organizational Change
- Customer Marketing: Marketers Move to Evolve Journeys